Thursday, May 6, 2010

FOOD!!!!!

Been a while since I last updated my blog... Last time I put up a voting poll on what I should write about and the result was resounding... FOOD!!!! haha... 


Ok... How many of you live to eat?? Yeah, me too... haha... But eat to live??? Not much huh?? I'll start by stating some facts about food that we should eat on daily basis... Ok, in Malaysia we have rice as our staple food... Fair enough, but be reminded that rice is a carbohydrate and it can be fattening if taken excessively... A doctor once advised my mum to only take a scoop of rice... Its actually enough to support you till lunch or dinner... We Malaysians are so used to eating rice that we just have to have alot of them but its not really necessary...


Protein!!! Girls best food companion?? Beats me... lol... Anyhow, protein is needed for growth and repair purposes.. So if you got a cut or want to grow bigger just pack some hard boiled egg in your lunchbox and you're on your way... haha... A professor told my teacher that we should start the day by having an egg just to kick-start our day... An egg is all you need to survive the energy demanding period before lunch time... 


Ok, I could continue with other food classes but I think thats not what you people would want... Am I right?? So, I'll move on... 


Ever wonder what our international dish is?? The Singaporeans have Chicken Rice... Thailands have their Tom Yum Goong... Indonesians have Nasi Padang... What about us??? Well, to me I think its extremely hard to make up your mind and pinpoint which one deserve the reputation... I mean come on... So (much) good food... How can you decide?? haha... Thats a rhetorical question by the way... So I thought of using the voting poll one again to clarify this issue... Hope you guys can lighten your fingers and press that left click and VOTE!!! haha... I just love the voting poll... haha


But what are the nomination you might ask... Well, I think since Malaysians are consist of different race and thus have our own food I decided to take one food from the 3 main races such as :




The finger-licking-good nasi lemak...






The simple yet tasty roti canai...





The ever so popular Char Kuey Teow...



So what are you waiting for??? Head to the same corner and start voting... haha


~ I'm hungry... FOOD!!! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment